Goal Setting for busy Moms” is a comprehensive guide that offers practical tips and strategies for busy moms to set and achieve their goals. The guide includes a free goal setting PDF template and worksheets to help moms stay organized and focused.
Why do you need to set goals in life?
Setting goals is the number one step toward success. Studies and researches show that when you have a clear goal, your brain creates ways to work towards that goal. Therefore, in order to succeed in your life, you need to identify your goals and make them clear for your brain” the vision”. However, setting goals is easy; achieving them is the challenging part.
If your are a mother with passion, vision, and dreams; then you need to set clear goals and train your brain to reach them through small steps. Goal setting for busy moms who strive to maintain a career, a business, or a healthy lifestyle is a Life changer method to keep you focused and accountable.
If you find yourself constantly struggling to turn your aspirations into reality, then the 12-week-year methodology might be your game-changer.
In this blog post, you will learn strategies and steps to supercharge your goal-setting journey and accomplish your dreams faster than ever.
The Roadmap to Success:101 guide goal setting for busy moms
End of last year, I got my hands on one of the best books I have read on self-development. I can say it has helped me understand where my struggle was. Also, it gave me a technique to practice the discipline muscle and set targets each week. I no longer have a New Year’s resolution, because the beginning of every three months is a new year for me.
The Power of 12 Weeks on goal setting
Why 12 weeks? Simply, because it’s long enough to make significant progress; yet short enough to stay focused. This approach prevents procrastination and creates a sense of urgency.
Every 90 days mark a marathon of small goals and habit tracking routine.
Every week gives you the chance to evaluate your performance to improve for the week after. It also holds you accountable on the areas of weakness to get you closer to your goal.
A break down of Goal setting for busy moms
In the coming few paragraphs, we will break goal setting formula in a way that with each step, you will feel closer to your goals.
1. Clarity in Vision: Why it’s important to have a vision?
Your vision alaigns your dream with your values. It gives you a motive of why you need to realize that goal. Additionaly, when you know your vision and understand why you want it, you will figure out your ‘What’ and ‘Why’.
Clearly articulate your goals and understand the profound reasons behind them. For instance, if your goal is to lose weight, ask yourself why it matters – perhaps for better health, increased energy, or enhanced self-esteem, better body image…etc.
Understand how would that impact your vision , your long term, and short term goals.
Embrace your improved self every single week and set the stage for the next week.
2. Have a big goal but small steps
Break your big goal down. Divide your 12-week goal into smaller weekly and daily tasks. This makes the goal more manageable and allows for consistent progress.
Set Clear, Achievable Goals – SMART Goals
Make your weight loss goal specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART).
For example, Instead of aiming to lose 5 kg, set a goal to lose 0.5 kg per week over the next 12 weeks. This clarity keeps you focused and motivated.
3. It all starts in the head: Action-oriented mindset
All motivational speakers repeat one thing ” believe you can and you will”. I’d say Think it, and be it” You need to be obssessed with your goals and live them day in and day out. Replace passive thoughts with proactive actions. If your goal is to write a book, commit to a daily word count. The small, consistent steps add up over time. Get to know your non-negotiables and do not settle for mediocrity.
4. Surround yourself with similar mentalities
Talk about your goals with people you trust and people who won’t be intimidated with your devotion and committment. Whether it’s a friend, family member, or a colleague, having someone to share your goals with creates a sense of accountability. Knowing someone is aware of your objectives can be a powerful motivator.
5. Celebrate Progress:
Small victories matter! Acknowledge and celebrate every milestone, no matter how minor. It keeps you motivated and reinforces positive habits. Also, learn from setbacks. If you face obstacles, treat them as learning opportunities. Adjust your approach and keep moving forward. Be honest when you evaluate yourself, your progress and your pitfalls.
6. Embrace set backs
It might be contradicting goal setting, but it happens. You won’t always be motivated and focused. Therefore, when that happens assess yourself and don’t dwell on it. Acknowledge that and recover faster.
7. Time Blocking:
- Prioritize and excute! Try different time management techniques till you create a system that will work for you. In the beghinning, you will be all over the place. Eventually, you will understand what works and what doesn’t. Many people will tell you use this style or that, but no one lives your life. So, unless you try different things, you won’t undertsnad what is best for you.
- Use time blocking to allocate specific chunks of your day to different tasks. This prevents overwhelm and ensures focused effort. Idealy, Time blocking is used for the startegic tactics that will improve your business or lifetyle.
- Outsource and delegate: I’m a big advocate for outsourcing when it comes to goal setting for busy moms schedules. We know what a long list looks like. Therefore, outsourcing and delegating tasks will be my number one startegic friend on goal setting for busy moms timetable.
- Eliminate distractions: Identify and minimize activities that divert your attention. This could be social media, excessive meetings, or other non-essential tasks.
8. Visualize Success:
Create a vision board: Visual representations of your goals can serve as constant reminders. Include images, quotes, and anything that resonates with your aspirations.
Mindfulness techniques: Incorporate meditation or visualization exercises to keep your mind aligned with your goals. Picture yourself achieving success regularly. Goal setting for busy moms is not just a way of thinking, it’s a lifestyle by choice.
9. Adapt and Refine:
Flexibility is key: Life is unpredictable, and circumstances may change. Be ready to adapt your plan while keeping your end goal in sight.
Regularly reassess: At the end of each week, evaluate your progress. What worked well? What needs adjustment? Continuous improvement is the key to sustained success to achieve the goal setting for busy moms and mom entrepreneurs.
10. Habit stacking:
Goal setting for busy moms requires practical and achievable strategies to integrate positive habits into their demanding schedules. One effective approach is habit stacking, a method that involves piggybacking new habits onto existing ones.
- Start Small – Micro-Habits: To begin, start small with micro-habits, tiny actions that are easy to incorporate into daily routines. Whether it’s drinking a glass of water or doing a quick stretch, these small steps can lead to significant changes over time.
- Morning Routine: Establishing a morning routine is another key element for success. Allocate time for self-care, exercise, or quiet reflection, setting a positive tone for the rest of the day.
- Journaling: Journaling is a powerful tool for busy moms, providing an outlet for reflection and goal tracking amidst the chaos.
- Embrace the 1% rule: Lastly, embracing the 1% rule involves focusing on making small improvements daily, aiming for just a 1% enhancement in various aspects of life. This gradual approach ensures sustainable progress without overwhelming the already busy mom.
11. Create a Weekly Schedule:
Develop a weekly plan, allocating dedicated time slots for content creation, engagement, and family activities. Have some meal preps and ideas ahead and plan your outfits and your meal plans for your family.
12. Set Personal Boundaries:
Establish clear boundaries for work and personal time to maintain a healthy balance.
Example: “Avoid working during designated family hours.”
Accept the fact that you will be lonely. Entrepreneurship and setting goals are a hard yet rewarding choices. When it comes to goal setting for busy moms , you will be lonely but you will walk the road that is less discovered.
Final thought on goal setting for busy moms
Goal setting for busy moms that is based on the 12-week year is not just a methodology; it’s a mindset shift that propels you toward your goals with unprecedented focus and intensity. By incorporating these strategies, you’re not just setting goals – you’re creating a roadmap to a more accomplished and fulfilled version of yourself. Start your 12-week journey today, and watch your aspirations transform into achievements.